Thursday, May 14, 2009

South Hampton wedding on the Lawn

I grew up on Long Island, on the North Shore, and we sailed and swam at a yacht club. It was our summer vacation, every summer. I was married at the club in May of 1978, an eternity ago. Even as an adult, my own children took sailing lessons there.
I still love anything nautical... from the color navy blue to signal flags, knots and seashells... and... I especially love spending a lazy summer at a beach house on the water.
I know the coral is a bit Caribbean, but I love the red accent

Wouldn't it be lovely to set up your ceremony chairs on this lawn, a nice off shore breeze gently blowing, and say your vows with the ocean in the background?!

3 comments:

  1. Ah! This one is simply refreshing and deliciously indulgent! I can just feel the breeze now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the nautical inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete