Thursday, April 30, 2009

choosing your china pattern

My advice is... choose a pattern you absolutely love, because like your groom, it's the one you will have forever.
I'm in love with this Wedgewood "Golden Bird" china pattern!
I love the background color of robin's egg blue paired with the golds of the birds, grapes and leaf design.
here's what it would look like on a seafoam linen table cloth

here it is on a taupe tablecloth

When I was married 30 years ago, I chose Wedgewood "Wild Strawberry" as my china. It's in as perfect condition today as it was 30 years ago, and I still love it.
Both these patterns above are fairly busy, but also timeless.

For the kitchen though, I love plain all white. One of my favorites has always been "Nantucket Basket", also by Wedgewood. With white china you can change your color scheme on a whim by using any colorful napkins, linens or placemats, and add any colorful serving pieces. Maybe it's growing up on Long Island, but I love the nautical look of this!

Your china is a part of your registry that will be with you through many happy years of entertaining family and friends. Love it!

what's your pattern?


No comments:

Post a Comment